2013 Volunteer Counselor Training
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative
Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and not as a result of good works.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
I fully believe the above statement of faith.
Adapted from the National Association of Evangelicals Statement of Faith
Unless a Man is Born Again. . .
Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him.” In reply Jesus declared, “I tell youthe truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” “How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!”
Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, “You must be born again.” JOHN 3:1-7
When did you ask Jesus to come into your life and be your personal Lord and Savior?
I was born again in: _____________.
Statement of Principle
The RPC is a pro-life, Christian ministry and all volunteers must be in 100% agreement to this belief.
The pregnancy center is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, the pregnancy center, embodied in its volunteers, is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to women with crisis pregnancies – both in word and in deed. Commensurate with this purpose, those who labor as pregnancy center board members, directors, and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord.
All volunteers and employees make this pledge: I believe in chastity outside of marriage and in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman as taught in the Bible. Therefore, I commit to a lifestyle of sexual purity, and will refrain from engaging in any sexual relationships outside the bonds of Christian marriage.
The pregnancy center is committed to providing its clients with accurate and complete information about both prenatal development and abortion.
The pregnancy center is committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust and providing promised information and services. The pregnancy center denounces any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations with its client.
The pregnancy center is committed to assisting women to carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provision of God’s people and the community at large, women may face the future with hope, and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
The pregnancy center does not discriminate in providing services because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, or marital status of its clients.
The pregnancy center does not recommend, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients. It is prolife.
Free of Charge
The pregnancy center offers assistance free of charge at all times.
The pregnancy center is committed to creating awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women, and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
The pregnancy center does not recommend, provide, or refer single women for contraceptives. (Married women seeking contraceptive information should be urged to seek counsel, along with their husbands, from their pastor and physician.)
The pregnancy center is not biased toward adoption when compared to other life-saving alternatives. Pregnancy centers receive no payment of any kind from these agencies, do not enter into contractual relationships with them, and do not share combined office space. Pregnancy centers neither initiate nor facilitate independent adoptions, though they may refer for independent adoptions in states where it is legal.
I believe in the prolife principles of the RPC and agree to abide by them. ____________________________________
Requirements to Become a Volunteer at the RPC:
The Power of Communicating: Foundational skills of relating.